Thursday, July 28, 2011

My next series is on its way…

I find myself going more sculptural and further away from the traditional wheel thrown vessel.

My latest works have been inspired by my recent journey up North in the Pilbara region and Karijini National park.

It was an amazing experience and I would encourage all to get outdoors and see what our beautiful land has to offer!



I loved the serenity of Karijini, the gorges and waterfalls and cold nights with star filled skies.

                                                                           *     *     *
My latest pieces have been carve on the outside, inspired by the patterns and textures of these rock gorges. The surface is further enhanced when I spray on different tones and colours of under-glaze, highlighting parts and also adding shadow. The colours I will be using are inspired by the lush greenery or the bright blues of the rock pools and sky, contrasting with the warm reds and earthy colours of the surrounding stone walls.


No comments:

Post a Comment